6 to 11 weeks.
The early pregnancy scan is the first pregnancy scan that you can have and is not routinely available on the NHS. It is often done if you are not sure if you are pregnant or to provide reassurance in the very early stages of your pregnancy.
Purpose of the Scan
An early pregnancy scan will:
- Determine the presence of a pregnancy
- Confirm the fetal heartbeat after 7 weeks
- Check the viability of the pregnancy
- Diagnose a multiple pregnancy
- Calculate your estimated due date (EDD)
You can have an early pregnancy scan any time from 6 weeks to 11 weeks and 1 day into your pregnancy